Glenarm Buildings Preservation Trust ( GBPT) was formed in 2004 by Honourable Randal Mc Donnell, who remains its Patron. Trustees are Clare Mc Elduff Chairperson; William Cross Treasurer; Penny Mc Bride Secretary; John Anderson and Maureen Mc Auley.
GBPT objectives are
•‘to preserve & protect for public benefit, buildings or structures of particular beauty or of historic environmental or industrial merit
•to promote & encourage education of the public in historic architecture industrial heritage and the natural environment through setting up museums, or by exhibitions, lectures..
Trustees choose as their first project the Seaview Old School. It was built by 1888 according to a fairly standard National Plan 6 , but it incorporated many of the architectural features of the church adjacent-- pitched roofs, a large gothic window in the gable, small round port hole windows and the black stone in its squared & snigged style. Transfer the photo of the chapel & old school from the page New building plans to index page.